If you’re running a business or selling a product, you want people to trust you. One way to build trust is by using testimonials on your website. Testimonials are comments or feedback from customers that can help to persuade potential customers to buy from you.
In this article, we’ll go over the different types of testimonials, best practices for displaying them on your website, examples of effective testimonial displays, and tools for managing and displaying testimonials.
Types of Testimonials
There are a few different types of testimonials that you can use on your website. Here are some of the most common types:
- Written Testimonials: These are written comments or reviews from customers that you can display on your website. They’re usually short and to the point, and they can be very effective at building trust with potential customers.
- Video Testimonials: Video testimonials are like written testimonials, but they’re in video format. They’re usually longer than written testimonials and can provide more detail about the customer’s experience.
- Audio Testimonials: Audio testimonials are like video testimonials, but they’re only audio. They’re less common than written or video testimonials, but they can still be effective.
- Social Media Testimonials: These are comments or reviews that customers post on social media about your product or service. You can display them on your website to build trust with potential customers.
Best Practices for Displaying Testimonials on Your Website
Now that you know the different types of testimonials, let’s go over some best practices for displaying them on your website:
- Selecting the Most Effective Types of Testimonials: You don’t have to use every type of testimonial on your website. Instead, focus on the ones that will be most effective for your audience and product/service.
- Designing a Visually Appealing Testimonial Display: Use a design that’s visually appealing and matches your website’s overall design. Make sure the text is easy to read and the testimonials are easy to find.
- Ensuring Testimonials are Easy to Find and Read: Make sure the testimonials are easy to find on your website, and make it easy for visitors to read them. Use headings and subheadings to break up the text and make it easy to scan.
- Using Persuasive Language and Strong Calls to Action: Use language that’s persuasive and encourages visitors to take action. Use strong calls to action to encourage visitors to make a purchase or sign up for your service.
- Incorporating Testimonials into the Sales Funnel: Use testimonials at different stages of the sales funnel to build trust and encourage visitors to take action. For example, you can use testimonials on product pages to encourage visitors to make a purchase.
Examples of Effective Testimonial Displays
Here are some examples of effective testimonial displays:
- Highlighting Real-Life Success Stories: Use real-life success stories to show potential customers how your product or service has helped others. Include details about the customer’s experience and how your product or service solved their problem.
- Using Visual Elements to Draw Attention to Testimonials: Use visual elements like images or icons to draw attention to testimonials on your website. This will help them stand out and make them more effective.
- Displaying Testimonials in Prominent Locations on the Website: Make sure the testimonials are displayed in prominent locations on your website, such as on the homepage or product pages. This will make them more visible to visitors and increase their effectiveness.
- Incorporating Testimonials into Product Pages: Use testimonials on product pages to build trust and encourage visitors to make a purchase. Include testimonials from customers who have used the product and had a positive experience.
- Using Testimonials in Email Marketing Campaigns: Use testimonials in email marketing campaigns to build trust with subscribers and encourage them to take action. Include testimonials in promotional emails, newsletters, and other types of email communication.
Tools for Managing and Displaying Testimonials
Here are some tools you can use to manage and display testimonials on your website:
- Testimonial Plugins: There are many testimonial plugins available for popular website platforms like WordPress. These plugins allow you to easily collect and display testimonials on your website.
- Social Media Management Tools: Use social media management tools to monitor and collect social media testimonials. You can then display them on your website using a plugin or other display method.
- Review Sites: Encourage customers to leave reviews on popular review sites like Yelp or Google Reviews. You can then display these reviews on your website using a plugin or by manually copying and pasting the reviews.
- Testimonial Collection Forms: Use a testimonial collection form to collect testimonials from customers. You can then display these testimonials on your website using a plugin or other display method.
Testimonials are a powerful tool for building trust with potential customers. By using effective testimonial displays on your website, you can persuade visitors to take action and ultimately increase your sales or conversions.
Remember to choose the most effective types of testimonials for your audience and product/service, design visually appealing displays, and use persuasive language and strong calls to action. By incorporating testimonials into your sales funnel and using the right tools to manage and display them, you can effectively build trust with your audience and grow your business.